Margaret Eggleton, SWA SBA SGFA
Margaret has enjoyed drawing and painting since she was old enough to hold a pencil!
She trained as a teacher with art as a main subject and taught for many years.
She paints mainly landscape or architectural subjects in watercolour, ink or mixed media. And has been a member of the Croydon Art Society since 1994 and is also a member of the Society of Women Artists, the Society of Botanical Artists and the Society of Graphic Fine Art where she was a council member for ten years.
Margaret teaches watercolour and drawing classes as well as doing demonstrations and critiques. She has led several painting holidays in France, Portugal and Britain.
She has written, “Masterclass-Drawing Flowers” published by Search Press in 2012
and “Masterclass- Drawing Landscapes” also published by Search Press in 2014
Margaret exhibits locally and in London with:
- The Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour at The Mall Galleries
- The Royal Watercolour Society at Bankside Gallery
- The Society of Women Artists at The Mall Galleries
- The Society of Botanical Artists at Westminster Gallery
- The Society of Graphic Fine Art at the Menier Gallery and elsewhere
- W H Patterson, London – Venice in Peril
- Llewellyn Alexander Gallery – Not The Royal Academy